Whether you’re a social media manager or the head of a marketing department, one of your biggest roles is keeping track of what your competitors are posting on social media. There are countless hashtag and social media campaigns that your competitors are launching and it’s hard to keep up with all of them. Additionally, it’s also important to keep track of what people are saying about your brand. Enter Mashfeed, a free iPhone app, that enables you to do these things all in one place.
For all you marketing, public relations, business-y folks out there, Mashfeed can help you easily keep up with and track what your competitors are doing on social media, what people are saying about their brand or what people are saying about your brand. With Mashfeed, you can create one or multiple collections that include any combination of user or hashtag feeds from Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Each collection is self-updating to include every post from each of the feeds in your collection, making sure you never miss a post from any of your competitors and allowing you to keep up with what consumers are saying. Consider yourself the Bruce Lee of social media martial arts!
Here’s how to keep up with your competitors using Mashfeed:
- Download the free app (and rejoice that it exists).
- Go to the Browse section and search for any feeds or hashtags you want to monitor.
- In the search results, tap the + button next to any feed you want to include in your collection. This can be anything from an Instagram username to a Twitter keyword.
- Select the collection to add your feed to or tap “+ New” to create a new collection.
- Repeat the process until you’ve added all the Instagram and Twitter feeds you want to keep track of.
- Open the collection any time you want to see all of the latest posts from any of the feeds included.
- Voila. You’re welcome.
Here are ideas on how to use Mashfeed for your brand:
Track what’s being said about your brand
Using Mashfeed is also a great way to keep track of your brand. You can create a collection of all your brand’s hashtags and keywords, allowing you to stay on top of what consumers are saying about you.
Keep up with competitors
Rather than making one large collection with all of your competitors, you could make different collections for each competing brand to make it easier for you to keep track of them. In a Mashfeed collection, you can also include your competitors’ official handles, hashtags and/or keywords to find out what the community is saying about them.
Get Mashfeed for iPhone to start creating collections for your brand!